Creative Problem Solving
Our Creative Problem Solving (CPS) curriculum is designed to develop critical and inventive thinking, communication and collaboration skills for our pupils to be future-ready.
CPS lessons are designed based on Creative Problem Solving- Four-sight model* to encourage pupils to be active contributors who are able to work effectively in teams, innovate, exercises initiative, takes calculated risks and strives for excellence.
During ALPS celebration, Students are provided the opportunities to showcase and share their learning as a team and show how they have applied the Four-Sight Model of CPS (Clarify, Ideate, Develop
and Implement) to solve various problems.
These lessons categorized under three broad domains to provide authentic learning experience and continuity from Primary 1 to Primary 6.
The 3 broad domains are :
• Understanding of Creative problem solving with Four sight model for Primary 1 and 2.
- (Story based problems)
• Application for Creative problem solving with Four sight model for Primary 3 and 4
- (Designing a solution to a specific problem)
• Creation of a product based on themes provided for Primary 5 & Primary 6
- (Coding and service to community)
Stages of Four-stage model - Clarify, Ideate, Develop and Implement
Primary 2 pupils created a stable structured bed from recycled material to solve a problem faced by a character in a story
Pupils implementing creative solutions using building blocks during CPS lesson